Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zululu

Turbo tax 2023 won't launch post installation. Getting Error: "Could not create directory C:\Users\??\AppData\Roaming\Intuit Canada\tt2023\"

While installing turbotax standard 2023 in windows 11 laptop, getting error message: 

"Could not create directory C:\Users\??\AppData\Roaming\Intuit Canada\tt2023\".

Installation finished, however, Turbotax 2023 could not launch, getting the same error after clicking turbotax 2023 icon. "Could not create directory C:\Users\??\AppData\Roaming\Intuit Canada\tt2023\".

I am administrator for the laptop. I have provided admin and users full control to c:\users folder and tried reinstallation. This did not resolve the issue.

Any suggestion on how to resolve this issue? 

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Turbo tax 2023 won't launch post installation. Getting Error: "Could not create directory C:\Users\??\AppData\Roaming\Intuit Canada\tt2023\"

Would you be willing to get a callback and meet with our experts to see what the issue might be on your end? If yes, please let us know what time of day is best for you and if the phone number on your account is still valid (do not enter it here as this is a public forum) 

Bruce B3

I downloaded, completed, and submitted 2 tax returns yesterday.  The program worked well.  Today when I try to open the program I get the following message: 

tt2023.exe - Application Error

X  The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5).

Click OK to close the application

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and I still get the same message.

I get the same error message when I try to open from the icon on my desktop and from the windows menu.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce B3

Yes call back would be great.  I am free for the next hour and 15 minutes if that is a possibility.

I am in Central Standard Time.  It is currently 1:45 p.m. CST.

It noted to not leave my phone number as this is a public forum.

My number is as listed with my password.

Thanks,

Moussi2

Ok I will ask an agent to contact you in regards to this matter.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.