Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax is saying I claimed employment expenses for working from home, but I am self-employed and do not have a T4. It redirects me to the T4 page to select "no"?

this is the prompt turbotax is giving me: "you've completed employment expenses for working at home but selected to transfer income to the form for working from home due to covid-19. to claim the employment expenses you entered, you'll need to go to your t4 slip and select 'no' to the question about claiming expenses for working from home due to covid-19"

I can't netfile until I clear this error.
2 Replies
MJK10

Turbotax is saying I claimed employment expenses for working from home, but I am self-employed and do not have a T4. It redirects me to the T4 page to select "no"?

I am having the same problem.

@MJK10 I sorted mine out. I am self employed so I had to select both t2200 & t2200s and zero out all the data that somehow ended up in there and then deselect the previous option that allowed me to select those... I was able to netfile last night.  If you're having difficulties, use the "find" feature.  Both t2200 and t2200s go to the same initial question to claim employment expenses.  Self-employed cannot claim employment expenses on t2200(s) forms and must claim it in the self employed expense section.

I don't know if that will work for you, but it might help you find out a solution. Good luck!