Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I enter the $500 seniors benefit? Box 205 does not show in the T4A window, but is referenced in Other Income worksheet, which insists on T4A info.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where can I enter the $500 seniors benefit? Box 205 does not show in the T4A window, but is referenced in Other Income worksheet, which insists on T4A info.

Under T Slips go to T4A (not T4A OAS)  and scroll down to  CERB BOXES 197 TO 205, section and click on it. 

A form should pop up that says One time payment for older seniors Box 205 (last one on list).   Enter the 

$500 there.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

This is how you can enter box 205 on a T4A slip when using TurboTax Online:

1. Click on Find in the top right-hand corner, type "T4A", select "T4A Pension, Retirement, Annuity" from the list, and click go.

2. In the T4A Summary click on "Edit" beside the slip.
3. Scroll down until you reach the COVID Related Benefits section.

4. Enter the amount for "One-time payment for older seniors" (Box 205).

5. Then click on Done with T4A to save your information and again on the next screen Done with T4A Slips.

Thank you for choosing Turbo Tax.

I am using the Desktop version, not the online one.

There is no Box 205 in the T4A area.

Under T Slips go to T4A (not T4A OAS)  and scroll down to  CERB BOXES 197 TO 205, section and click on it. 

A form should pop up that says One time payment for older seniors Box 205 (last one on list).   Enter the 

$500 there.

Thank you!

Mike Mc
Returning Member

I enter $500 on line 205 in the standard turbo tax version and the program enters 00 dollars on the summary page. What can I do?

Mike

is this 500.00 seniors benefit taxable? 

Yes it is taxable.  Enter on T4.