Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find my husbands Net Income on his T4

I'm having the same issue with TurboTax this year. My wife passed away in December 2020 and TurboTax will not let me file as a couple. Software says that I have to file individually and asks for Line 23600 but I can't get to that value without knowing my late wife's total or mine.

epfaff67

If you leave it at zero or put last years value in and complete the taxes it gives you a year by year comparison before you file to the CRA. On that year by year summary it should show the net income for this year and last year. You can confirm it's right by confirming last years value. then go back and change the amount before filing.

kakerkhan

how am i supposed to find my wife's net income from line 23600 if she hasnt filed her tax? I am filing my taxes individually and i am getting this question.

If you do not have the exact amount, the Canada Revenue Agency suggests that you do your best to estimate the amount.  It is important to enter it because it is used to calculate certain credits that you may or may not be entitled to claim. You can return to edit the entry once her return is completed.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

TerSou

This is insanity, why did it only start this year for me.  Sluggotax