Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which box 105 do I enter from T4A form if I had both part-time and full-time status in that year?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Which box 105 do I enter from T4A form if I had both part-time and full-time status in that year?

If you have a T2202 and you have both the full-time and part-time status in your T4A, you should enter the scholarship amount in the first box (Full-time scholarship: also have T2202 with months in Box 25) to exempt it from tax so you won't see it anywhere on the return itself. It will be deducted from your income because you do not have to pay for any scholarships. 

For more information about box number 105 please go to the link below: -

Scholarship Exemption box number 105 (Canada Revenue Agency)  

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you have a T2202 and you have both the full-time and part-time status in your T4A, you should enter the scholarship amount in the first box (Full-time scholarship: also have T2202 with months in Box 25) to exempt it from tax so you won't see it anywhere on the return itself. It will be deducted from your income because you do not have to pay for any scholarships. 

For more information about box number 105 please go to the link below: -

Scholarship Exemption box number 105 (Canada Revenue Agency)  

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.