Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Intuit web site charging more than Costco for the software. I would think that buying directly from Intuit would be the least expensive option?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is the Intuit web site charging more than Costco for the software. I would think that buying directly from Intuit would be the least expensive option?

Hi. Whether you choose to purchase directly from Intuit Canada, or from your local retailer is a matter of preference. Many of our customers find it more convenient to purchase online
since retailers are not always close to home, or they just don't have the time to visit a local retailer. For some, purchasing locally is much more convenient.  

There is a suggested retail price for our software but local retailers are competing between each other and they will often have in store rebates, or sales, or choose to sell at a lower price.

We don't have control over this, and if our customers can find better pricing by purchasing through retail, then we definitely suggest that they take advantage of the retail offers. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hi. Whether you choose to purchase directly from Intuit Canada, or from your local retailer is a matter of preference. Many of our customers find it more convenient to purchase online
since retailers are not always close to home, or they just don't have the time to visit a local retailer. For some, purchasing locally is much more convenient.  

There is a suggested retail price for our software but local retailers are competing between each other and they will often have in store rebates, or sales, or choose to sell at a lower price.

We don't have control over this, and if our customers can find better pricing by purchasing through retail, then we definitely suggest that they take advantage of the retail offers. 

tkkdnd

if we are already in the system can we buy from retail and use the key for this years return..I always buy direct from you however very disappointed after all these years to find out it is much cheaper from the store

i can recommend you to call our support on phone. They will be able to check your account and maybe do Something for you
Please click on this link to contact the support line

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/
tkkdnd

Sorry the link didnt work

tkkdnd

Unfortunately that just goes to a site and stalls..... tried 3 times now

call 1-888-829-8608 please
tkkdnd

They were no help at all.  Yikes the client service is so difficult to achieve with your firm. All they tell me is to go to the main website. Simple ask to be considered a excellent client.
tkkdnd

Any further thoughts would be appreciated ...