Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I claim home accessibility tax credit on federal return for renovations on windows(installed 4 energy star) windows like on Quebec return?

Can I claim the home accessibility tax credit on the federal return for renovations I did installing energy star windows( as a deduction or a credit) or is it only on my Quebec return as the renovert tax credit? Thank you.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I claim home accessibility tax credit on federal return for renovations on windows(installed 4 energy star) windows like on Quebec return?

A qualifying renovation is a renovation or alteration that is of an enduring nature and is integral to the eligible dwelling (including the land that forms part of the eligible dwelling). The renovation must:

• allow the qualifying individual to gain access to, or to be mobile or functional within, the dwelling; or
  • reduce the risk of harm to the qualifying individual within the dwelling or in gaining access to the dwelling.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

A qualifying renovation is a renovation or alteration that is of an enduring nature and is integral to the eligible dwelling (including the land that forms part of the eligible dwelling). The renovation must:

• allow the qualifying individual to gain access to, or to be mobile or functional within, the dwelling; or
  • reduce the risk of harm to the qualifying individual within the dwelling or in gaining access to the dwelling.