Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gobicse

Can i claim the inspection fee which i paid before i bought my rental property? Also Welcome tax/CMHC Insurance fee & CMHC tax are also claimable in Montreal,QC?

7 Replies

Can i claim the inspection fee which i paid before i bought my rental property? Also Welcome tax/CMHC Insurance fee & CMHC tax are also claimable in Montreal,QC?

T776 - Part 4 - Expenses. Once you have entered the amount federally, they will transfer to the TP128 provincially for you in Quebec. If the amount is different in Quebec, it will give you the screens to enter it in after you have entered the federal side.

Insurance claimed on line 8690
Property tax or municipal taxes claimed on line 9180

gobicse

Hi TurboTaxLise, thanks for your response. one thing still not clear to me is whether i can claim the "TAX" which i paid on the CMHS insurance premium? could you please advise.

CMHS insurance premium  - are you referring to the "tax" paid on the loan amount from CMHS?
gobicse

yes that's right. "tax" i paid on CMHC Insurance premium. my premium was 5k and i paid 500$ on taxes. can i claim this 500$?

It is provincial sales tax added to your premium, therefore; I would include that amount in with the premium itself.
gobicse

thank you @TurboTaxLise

You are most welcome. You have a great night.