Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I enter the total amount of our property tax before the $700 Manitoba Education Property Tax Credit Advance or the amount after the $700 is subtracted?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I enter the total amount of our property tax before the $700 Manitoba Education Property Tax Credit Advance or the amount after the $700 is subtracted?

Provide the amount after the $700 has been subtracted as the actual provincial form will perform a calculation adding it back in.

Make sure to indicate whether or not you have received the Homeowners tax assistance advance credit on your property tax statement.

NOTE: In the year you purchase or sell a home and have not previously owned or will not purchase a new home then your credit on the tax bill must be prorated by the number of months of ownership. As an example, you sell your home in May of the tax year then your prorated Tax Assistance Advance would be $700 x 5/12 = $291.67.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Provide the amount after the $700 has been subtracted as the actual provincial form will perform a calculation adding it back in.

Make sure to indicate whether or not you have received the Homeowners tax assistance advance credit on your property tax statement.

NOTE: In the year you purchase or sell a home and have not previously owned or will not purchase a new home then your credit on the tax bill must be prorated by the number of months of ownership. As an example, you sell your home in May of the tax year then your prorated Tax Assistance Advance would be $700 x 5/12 = $291.67.