Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ankysrulz

Does foreign income earned(salary) outside canada, before you became canadian resident show on T1 generated?

7 Replies

Does foreign income earned(salary) outside canada, before you became canadian resident show on T1 generated?

It will be reflected on line 104 of your T1

More information here from the CRA https://bit.ly/2OVPA3I

ankysrulz

Hi, the income was earner outside Canada and I was not physically presetn in Canada. No income was earned after I became Canadian resident. Does this income before I am came to Canada show up on T1?

That is where the income is reflected, earned outside of Canada. Did you fill out a T1135 as well?
ankysrulz

no I did not . Canada website says dont need to file 1st year you became resident.

If you review the link  from the CRA I attached in the answer, you will see that the amount on line 104 is where this amount will show up.
ankysrulz

thanks . I looked at the link and it mentions about income earned if you were resident. I am interested in income earned before I became resident. where does this show up. I added this amount on turbotax but did not show up on T1

It's doesn't matter if you are a resident or non resident, please review this link https://bit.ly/2FYRgoX for clarification. And it also depends on what "type" of income you are declaring.