Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlenR

How can i change the percentage of ownership of a real estate revenue property so that it is 50-50 with my wife?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can i change the percentage of ownership of a real estate revenue property so that it is 50-50 with my wife?

Under the "Income" tab > "Rental Properties" > place a check mark under both names. Create the rental schedule under your name and indicate that you are a co-owner, then check the box for "Details of Other Owners" and continue. Your spouses details will appear in the top box, indicate her share of the rental property - 50%. Leave the lower box empty. The net rental income or loss will be divided between you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Under the "Income" tab > "Rental Properties" > place a check mark under both names. Create the rental schedule under your name and indicate that you are a co-owner, then check the box for "Details of Other Owners" and continue. Your spouses details will appear in the top box, indicate her share of the rental property - 50%. Leave the lower box empty. The net rental income or loss will be divided between you.

GlenR

Using Chrome, there is no option to allow me to enter the 50%. No box. Had to use a different browser. Then it worked the way it should.

I have not come across a situation you describe but will pass along your comments to the Technology Support department, thank you for supporting Turbo Tax.
mccowley

I have been having the same issue. I have talked to three staff on the phone and no one could figure out what was wrong.

Have you tried signing in to Turbo tax with a different browser?