Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I adjust my credits to the correct amount ( showing far too much), when the 2015 installment amount appears to be correct?

I entered (correctly) that I have paid $14,974.00 in installment payments to the CRA for 2015. This is ALL of the tax I have paid so far. Somehow, however, my credits are showing $29,970.75. I was not required to pay quarterly installments and wonder if perhaps the software is assuming I made more payments than the two last year. How do I adjust my credits to the correct amount ($14, 974.00) as this is my credits--there has been no other money paid.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I adjust my credits to the correct amount ( showing far too much), when the 2015 installment amount appears to be correct?

Hello dclepoudre,

Thank you for pointing this out this error, we are working on a permanent resolution for this situation.

As a workaround, you can navigate to your personal tax profile under the 'Profile' tab, then edit 'Instalment Payments'. Set the amount to zero, then click continue. Although you've cleared this field, the original imported amount will remain on your return. You can confirm this prior to Netfiling by checking box 476 of your T1-General on your .pdf copy.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hello dclepoudre,

Thank you for pointing this out this error, we are working on a permanent resolution for this situation.

As a workaround, you can navigate to your personal tax profile under the 'Profile' tab, then edit 'Instalment Payments'. Set the amount to zero, then click continue. Although you've cleared this field, the original imported amount will remain on your return. You can confirm this prior to Netfiling by checking box 476 of your T1-General on your .pdf copy.

Hope this helps.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your question. Please contact us as an escalation may be required for the doubling of your installment payment. Please call us by clicking the following link to the Contact Us page. Then complete the required information. A phone number will appear, along with your incident ID. Call the number. This will ensure that an appropriate agent is assigned to your query:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

Thank you,

Leeanne@TurboTax