Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beniaminm

How Do I claim rent I am paying as a Tenant for a property that I am renting.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I will answer for if you were living in Ontario and paying rent for a residence in Ontario.

First, click "Provincial" and select "Provincial Tax Credit Profile."  Next select "Continue."  Then select "Yes" for "Application for the Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit (OEPTC)" and then click "Continue."  You will then enter your rent information on the screen in the fields provided and continue from there.  Please refer to the accompanying screenshots.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

To better assist you, please advise us in which Province you lived in end of December 2016.

ontario

pent payed was 1308.00 and the answer is yes

I will answer for if you were living in Ontario and paying rent for a residence in Ontario.

First, click "Provincial" and select "Provincial Tax Credit Profile."  Next select "Continue."  Then select "Yes" for "Application for the Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit (OEPTC)" and then click "Continue."  You will then enter your rent information on the screen in the fields provided and continue from there.  Please refer to the accompanying screenshots.