Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayheich

I am a Canadian, trying to file my taxes with the CRA. I have foreign dividends to report from an American Corporation. I did not receive a slip for this income, where do I report this income (such that in ends up on line 121 of the T1).

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am a Canadian, trying to file my taxes with the CRA. I have foreign dividends to report from an American Corporation. I did not receive a slip for this income, where do I report this income (such that in ends up on line 121 of the T1).

If you are using our Online product, click on the Income Tab at the top of your screen, select T-slips scroll down to Foreign Income at the bottom of the drop down menu and select. Enter the amounts in the currency of issue in the appropriate boxes and be sure to enter the appropriate exchange rate where indicated (Turbo Tax will convert the foreign amounts to Canadian dollars for you). The average annual exchange rate for the particular currency can be obtained from the Bank of Canada website.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you are using our Online product, click on the Income Tab at the top of your screen, select T-slips scroll down to Foreign Income at the bottom of the drop down menu and select. Enter the amounts in the currency of issue in the appropriate boxes and be sure to enter the appropriate exchange rate where indicated (Turbo Tax will convert the foreign amounts to Canadian dollars for you). The average annual exchange rate for the particular currency can be obtained from the Bank of Canada website.

Under the "Income" tab > hover over T-slips and at the end of that menu select "Foreign Income". Enter the amount as Investment income and it will report to Line 121 (Interest and Investment income).