Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did a year in Canada with a working holiday Visa. I moved back to Sweden in september. How to I get my tax refund now that I don't have a canadian adress anymore?

1 Reply

I did a year in Canada with a working holiday Visa. I moved back to Sweden in september. How to I get my tax refund now that I don't have a canadian adress anymore?

Yes, still you can file your return. Here is information on filing an online tax return, which includes making sure you have all the information necessary to file your personal tax return. 

If you don’t have a Canadian address, on the “Contact Information” page (Under "My Info"), answer “Yes” to the question “Is your mailing address outside Canada?”. Then you can enter a foreign address. The boxes will still ask for "Postal Code" & "Province", but you can put in whatever you need in those spaces, it will not give you an error if the info isn't Canadian. It will still ask for a phone number, but if you don’t have a US or Canadian number, you can just ignore that field, it is not mandatory.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.