Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have only ONE Income slip! I sold NO properties investments or RRSPs! NO kids, wife, no investments, no properties. NO OTHER received monies! * WHY AM I FORCED TO PAY??

Where is the FREE option for low-income earners??
Good Lord, my entire income for the year was....  $9,274.00 !!! 
That's all!  I am SIGNIFICANTLY under the Poverty Line.  Yeah, that's right... only nine thousand bucks and each cent of it is reported on my ONLY T-4 slip!
I have NO investments, no savings, no property, so NO capital income, and have neither received nor sold any assets of any kind!
I am single with no dependants and no dental or medical expenses, I live alone and can't afford to donate to charities even though I want to!
SO, can someone PLEASE explain to me:
How it happened that after answering nearly all questions with a resounding/ rather depressing "NO", that I am told that my tax situation is not simple, does NOT qualify for the free filing service, and therefore you website stops me from finishing my taxes and demands that I pay a $20.00 upgrade in order to continue???????

It then occurs to me that if in my embarrassing poverty-stricken circumstance, am not able to file for free, then can you tell me who the **** DOES qualify???
Seems like you all LIED and are profiting from that lie by catching people who are frustrated and dont want to waste more time to start a new return at a different company so they just cough up the $20 miraculously and probably dont say anything, cause how can us Pee-ons??  Hey?  The peasants you  try to look good for helping, have not paid, so they get NO customer service of any kind and cant even ASK or TELL you how your website  is a CON Artist profitting off the poor in these desperate times. 
Shame, ShAmE...S H A M E on you, Intuit!  YOU should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves!!  Especially for PROFITEERING on what little blood and tears we have left in such a predatorial way:  hiding the trap half- way through a customer's completion, so they don't have much choice....
EXPLOITING us when we are clearly already down and in desperate need of help, you make us bleed more!
This is Truly Despicable, INTUIT!
Fix it NOW, because I am going to every public news channel I can find to let them know how dishonest your trickery is, how dishonest and evil your marketing/IT team must be for setting it up that way, knowing full well how it tricks and deceives us....
I bow my head in disbelief now....
I feel sad for you Team Intuit,
 😉

**  P.S.  I fully expect a response to this and it better be good!

Embarrassed for you,
Mr. JJ {edited first and last name}
xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx

1 Reply

I have only ONE Income slip! I sold NO properties investments or RRSPs! NO kids, wife, no investments, no properties. NO OTHER received monies! * WHY AM I FORCED TO PAY??

We appreciate your feedback. Did you do your return starting from this page?

If you only have a regular T4 and no medical expenses nor donations you shouldn't have to upgrade.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.