Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marigil2

Can I declare both my property taxes for the year and rent paid to a retirement home?

I sold my house in 2017 but paid taxes for the full year since the possession date was Jan. 4, 2018. I moved out in October (2017) while the house was being sold and paid rent at a retirement home. My question is can I declared both the property taxes and the rent paid?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I declare both my property taxes for the year and rent paid to a retirement home?

Which province do you reside in?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Which province do you reside in?

marigil2

I live in Ontario

I'm not familiar with the Ontario credits for property taxes/rent paid, but in Manitoba it goes by the number of months residence, so I would assume that Ontario is probably something similar (ie. 9 months of property taxes, then 3 months rent).
marigil2

Thanks Mudfush for taking the time to answer my question.