Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid extra money for expert to check my taxes and I just learned that my property tax was not included I know I filed property tax return

I need answers what has
3 Replies
Moussi2

I paid extra money for expert to check my taxes and I just learned that my property tax was not included I know I filed property tax return

We are sorry to hear that your property taxes was not included in your return. 

You can make changes to a filed tax return by filing an adjustment. The CRA requires that you wait until you’ve received your Notice of Assessment (NOA) before filing an adjustment. In many cases, the CRA will catch the mismatch and automatically adjust your return for you.

How you file your adjustment depends on how your original tax return was filed, and whether it was a federal or Québec return. Instructions on filing adjustments for both scenarios are provided here in this article: I've filed my tax return. Can I still make changes?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

I leave in Vermont USA why is it saying Quebec  I did taxes in USA not Canada?

You have reached out to the Canada side of TurboTax. Please send your question to the US side at the following link: https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.