Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I put that I sold a house to see how it affected things. I don't even own a house. how do I get it off thinking I sold property?

Turbo tax still thinks I sold a home. I don't own one. I changed info on form itself. Problem persists. Originally made this mistake by checking box in easy-mode (out of curiosity).

3 Replies

I put that I sold a house to see how it affected things. I don't even own a house. how do I get it off thinking I sold property?

You can access the Forms area of Turbo Tax Desk Top software. Use the "Window" above the Dependants icon to review individual forms and then clear and remove non used forms.

CLEARING A FORM IN TTD

In Forms, select "Edit" top left and hover over "forms" then choose "Clear Forms". This will clear all contents in the form. You can then follow the same procedure and choose "Closed unused forms", to remove this form from your tax return.

It is advisable to have a "Sample" tax return in Turbo Tax for testing various tax scenarios.
robinson

Your solution does not work, the form is still attached to the return even though it includes no information.

Is the form blank?