Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know how to get clarification on capital loss from previous years. How should I proceed? It was done by an accountant and I have no capital loss shown

Hello all,
I have a question about tax loss and CRA carryover amounts.
My accountant is not very responsive to my requests... I have compiled myself all of my tradings which amounts to the following:
2020: 
realized loss: 261
realized gain: 120
2021: 
realized loss: 3000$
realized gain: 11500$
On the CRA website, there are no carryover amounts displayed... Apart from investing, I am earning non-taxable income so it does not make sense for me to use the realized loss. 
Can anyone shed light on this?
1) Is there a point where brokers merge everything because of the number of trades?
2) What do I need to do in order to be able to realize losses and carry them over future years
Many thanks
1 Reply

I would like to know how to get clarification on capital loss from previous years. How should I proceed? It was done by an accountant and I have no capital loss shown

Hi @cyclist87 !

Sorry to hear you've been unable to get a timely response/advice from your accountant. In terms of your carry forward question, we do have a FAQ that should be able to guide you:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca/help-article/tax-return/carry-back-net-c...

Hope this helps, and happy filing!