Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neufeldjl

If I require a premium return, due to a rental property I manage, but my husband's return is simple, why am I charged for two premium returns? That doesn't seem fair.

1 Reply

If I require a premium return, due to a rental property I manage, but my husband's return is simple, why am I charged for two premium returns? That doesn't seem fair.

If you are preparing your and your spouse's returns together, then the tax returns (including T4, T3 and other T-slips) for both you will be prepared by TurboTax Premier software. If filing together, each package is designed to integrate the information from both spouses to obtain the best possible tax outcome, tools, advice and information for each spouse. If you wish to have a different price applied to your return than your spouse's you will have to elect to file separately and select a package that best suits each of your needs.

To prepare the returns separately, we recommend that you start a new return, choosing the desired version. You must select “Myself” or “Someone else” and provide the first name of the individual. After this stage, you will be completing one individual return under that chosen price. You will enter the spousal information at a later information stage within the profile section of “My Info”. You will then repeat the process for the other spouse and will select a package that best suits for their needs.

For more information, please visit TurboTax FAQs page: Self-Employment and Rental Income Centre

If you need more assistance and wish to contact TurboTax support team, please follow this link: Contact Us

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.