Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is turbo tax a good option for a Canadian selling in the US marketplace, via Amazon?

Hi, I am wondering if turbo tax is a good option if I am a small e-commerce business owner, as a Canadian who is selling primarily in the United States on Amazon.com, and I am considered to have nexus there, through the FBA warehouses. Do you deal with treaty based returns? Should I be seeking a specialized accountant in regards to this matter? Thank you.

2 Replies

Is turbo tax a good option for a Canadian selling in the US marketplace, via Amazon?

As a Canadian resident for tax purposes (please see below) you can file a personal t1 tax return with a statement of business activities, reporting your worldwide income (CDN dollars) and expenses. This can be found in any version of Turbo Tax.

Conversely you may have chosen to incorporate your business as a Limited Company with you as a shareholder. In that case you would file a T1 personal tax return for yourself and a T2 Corporation return for the business. You can access a T2 software product at TurboTax .ca