Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife and I own a rental property, 50% partnership share. Do we enter half of all rental income, mortgage interest etc. or do we enter the full amount.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My wife and I own a rental property, 50% partnership share. Do we enter half of all rental income, mortgage interest etc. or do we enter the full amount.

Under the Rental Properties section, select that you both own a property. Set up the property under one taxpayer. Identify your 50% ownership. Include all income and expenses and the software will split the net Profit/Loss.  Remember that CCA is optional and therefore if claiming must be provided on each statement separately. In that case you do split the CCA amounts in half only.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Under the Rental Properties section, select that you both own a property. Set up the property under one taxpayer. Identify your 50% ownership. Include all income and expenses and the software will split the net Profit/Loss.  Remember that CCA is optional and therefore if claiming must be provided on each statement separately. In that case you do split the CCA amounts in half only.