Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dolph49

Not eligible for NETFILE: Could this be caused by having more than six T5013 slips? Does CRA require that foreign income from multiple countries be reported separately?

Turbotax said that my return is not eligible for NETFILE, but didn't provide a specific reason (see attachment). I looked at CRA's list of restrictions, and the following may apply to my case:

• "More than six sets of financial statements" - I entered more than six T5013 forms, because my T5013 included Canadian income plus Box 135 and 171 amounts for six foreign countries. Is this what CRA means by "more than six sets of financial statements"?
  • "A federal non-business foreign tax credit for more than three countries" - This applies to me, but I'm wondering if it CRA would allow me to combine the non-US countries together and list the source country as "Global". However, when I try this in Turbotax, my foreign tax credit is reduced.

Based on the above, is there any way I can NETFILE without reducing my foreign tax credit?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Not eligible for NETFILE: Could this be caused by having more than six T5013 slips? Does CRA require that foreign income from multiple countries be reported separately?

Based on the CRA restrictions that you have identified, it doesn't appear that you are eligible to NETFILE. You will need to print and mail in your return.  

You could go through an eFile provider to submit the return on your behalf, TurboTax  offers TurboTax Live Full Service where we could file for you, however it would require you to submit all of your information again. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Based on the CRA restrictions that you have identified, it doesn't appear that you are eligible to NETFILE. You will need to print and mail in your return.  

You could go through an eFile provider to submit the return on your behalf, TurboTax  offers TurboTax Live Full Service where we could file for you, however it would require you to submit all of your information again.