Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal vehicle for self-employ. travel sold in 2016, can I claim in 2017?

My previous accountant (H&R Block) has never claimed CCA for my vehicles over tha last 4 years. It is a personal vehicle I also use for my self-employment business travel. I traded my last vehicle in for a new vehicle in February 2017. I am assuming I can still claim the 50% of my current vehicle even though I use for personal use as well? Can I claim my previous vehicle seeing as they didn't or am I too late? Also I purchased a laptop in 2016 and again it was not claimed as CCA on my 2016 taxes, can I claim this on my 2017 taxes?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The car you traded in can not be used now. If you want, you can do an adjustment for previous year. 

Your new car, you will enter the KMs for personal versus kms for business and enter your expenses. 

Your computer can be added to 2017 as a UCC balance since you did not claim it in 2016. Enter the cost of the computer as class 50. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The car you traded in can not be used now. If you want, you can do an adjustment for previous year. 

Your new car, you will enter the KMs for personal versus kms for business and enter your expenses. 

Your computer can be added to 2017 as a UCC balance since you did not claim it in 2016. Enter the cost of the computer as class 50.