Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredwind

My Capital Gains were entered on my T5008 and were imported. Why does the program now say "no capital gains entered"?

2 Replies
tdibratt
Returning Member

My Capital Gains were entered on my T5008 and were imported. Why does the program now say "no capital gains entered"?

If you go to the T3 Slip and look at each column entry, there is a toggle called "Type of Income", you need to manually select what type of income it is after the import.

If your capital gain does not reflect on your return then you can fix it up by entering it manually on the T5008 Slip. To navigate the T5008 form on TurboTax, simply follow the steps below.

• Firstly sign in to your TurboTax account and then select your applicable return.
  • On the upper right corner of the screen select Find (or the magnifying glass icon). 
  • In the Find window, type T5008 and then select Go.
  • By clicking on Enter new T5008, you may now enter the data that is appropriate for you.

For more information, visit our TurboTax article: T5008 Slip – Statement of Securities Transactions