Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anney304

T1255 and S3, and the principal residence worksheet aren't working properly together?

My grandmother died in 2017 and now I need to declare the deemed disposition of her principal residence. I've added the info on S3, completed the principal residence worksheet, but now form T1255 isn't pulling all the info and I can't enter it manually, and so the exemption of the capital gain isn't pulling into S3... please help!

2 Replies

T1255 and S3, and the principal residence worksheet aren't working properly together?

Sorry for your loss. If she owned the property when she died, the online edition of TurboTax currently does not support T1255. 

You can: 

• Switch to a TurboTax Download edition. TurboTax Download editions include form T1255 and can be purchased directly from TurboTax.ca
  • Switch to TurboTax Full Service. With TurboTax Full Service, our tax experts will prepare and file the return on your behalf. Learn more about TurboTax Full Service.

Please note: If you've already paid for your TurboTax Online return, please contact us for a refund.

anney304

If I have an annual subscription for the Home and Business download edition, do this answer still apply? What are your suggestions for me completing this form properly with the software I do have?