Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ydechen

Terminal loss co-owners share: turbotax seems not splitting share between co-owners when I sold my rental property with loss, instead it applies 100% to both.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Terminal loss co-owners share: turbotax seems not splitting share between co-owners when I sold my rental property with loss, instead it applies 100% to both.

CCA amounts are not shared on rental statements - if you enter assets at 100% they will not be split like your other income and expense amounts.  You will have to manually split the capital assets for both you and your spouse to reflect your respective share of the assets.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

CCA amounts are not shared on rental statements - if you enter assets at 100% they will not be split like your other income and expense amounts.  You will have to manually split the capital assets for both you and your spouse to reflect your respective share of the assets.