Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antfreer

I worked in the USA for 2 years and returned and worked in Canada for 3 months of 2014. I have a W-2 and 1042-S where do I enter each of these amounts.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxHelp5

I worked in the USA for 2 years and returned and worked in Canada for 3 months of 2014. I have a W-2 and 1042-S where do I enter each of these amounts.

If you are required to complete a Canadian tax return and you are required to include these as income then you will enter the amounts on the Foreign Income slip.

You may need to contact the CRA if you are not sure if you need to include this income or not.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MamaK

These sound like US documents. You must file a US tax return.
antfreer

Yes they are US forms, but I must enter on Canadian forms I believe, but where ?
TaxHelp5

If you are required to complete a Canadian tax return and you are required to include these as income then you will enter the amounts on the Foreign Income slip.

You may need to contact the CRA if you are not sure if you need to include this income or not.