Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbmcc

What forms do I attach to my TI 2020 tax return in Canada?

It is not my first tax return.
1 Reply

What forms do I attach to my TI 2020 tax return in Canada?

As per the Canada Revenue Agency, if you are eligible to Netfile, the TurboTax software will send all forms necessary to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Please keep all your receipts for proof should the CRA request them at a future date.

Annually, you need to complete the T1 General Income Tax and Benefit Return as well as associated territorial or provincial forms. In order to complete your return, you also will likely need to complete schedules or additional forms that request more information. Schedules should be attached to your income tax return in most cases if you mail them in.

For example, if you split pension income with your spouse, the CRA requires you to complete and submit form T1032. In most cases, you need to attach these forms to your income tax return when you file it, and you should make copies for your records.

However, in cases where a form establishes a long-lasting conditionyou typically do not have to file it each year.

• For example, if you are applying for the Disability Tax Credit (DTC), you only need to submit Form T2201 for the first year.
    • Once you are approved for the credit, you do not have to submit the form for subsequent years unless CRA requests you to do so. Quite often the DTC will only be approved for a limited number of years, such as 5 or 10. CRA will send you a letter stating that your period of approval has ended and that you need to submit a new T2201 before filing your next tax return.
    • You can check the status of your Disability Tax Credit approval at any time by signing into your CRA My Account and clicking on Benefits & Credits.

For more information, please see TurboTax webpage: Your Income Tax Return and Supporting Documents.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.