Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I enter the information from my T5008 it is showing the entire investment as income/captial gains. Only a small portion of this investment should be taxable. Help

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When I enter the information from my T5008 it is showing the entire investment as income/captial gains. Only a small portion of this investment should be taxable. Help

You will need to complete Box 20 on the T5008 with your ACB (cost or book value) of the transaction. This is often the original purchase price but you will need to confirm that information as many factors can adjust this amount such as multiple purchases over an extended period of time or "returned Capital" during the ownership period.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You will need to complete Box 20 on the T5008 with your ACB (cost or book value) of the transaction. This is often the original purchase price but you will need to confirm that information as many factors can adjust this amount such as multiple purchases over an extended period of time or "returned Capital" during the ownership period.