Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I claim the cost paid for trainings which were purchased by online vendors eg Udemy, no T2202 available received?

1 Reply

Where do I claim the cost paid for trainings which were purchased by online vendors eg Udemy, no T2202 available received?

hose training in Udemy you could claim as training costs. According to Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) 

you can deduct the cost of a training course as an employment expense. The course has to maintain, upgrade, or update your existing skills or qualifications that relate to your employment. You cannot deduct the cost of a training course as an employment expense if the course is for personal reasons, the cost is unreasonable, or you receive a lasting benefit from the course. 

To enter this information in TurboTax Online:

1. Go to 

Find and type: Employment Expenses and click Go
  2. Answer the question: 
    You may be able to claim certain expenses you paid to earn employment income if you meet both conditions below:

i)
    Your employment contract requires you to incur these expenses as part of your employment; and
    ii)
    you did not receive a non-taxable allowance for expenses paid (an allowance not reported on your T4 slip).

Does this apply to you? Answer Yes (As I don't have your information, you have to check if this apply to you.
  3. On the page of Employment Expenses Profile select which applies to you and click Continue
  4. Check the item "Other Employment Expenses" and click Continue
  5. Scroll down the page and there is an item "Training Costs". Enter the information and click Continue.

For more information,  please see this CRA link: Training costs 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.