Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scobo19

Where in Turbotax do I enter personal expenses for a rental property I co-own? I need to enter my own personal costs for the property, i.e., mortgage interest.

1 Reply

Where in Turbotax do I enter personal expenses for a rental property I co-own? I need to enter my own personal costs for the property, i.e., mortgage interest.

You can follow these steps to enter any expenses for your rental property:

1. Log in to your TurboTax account and navigate to "Income" section. Scroll down and then select "Rental Properties". Or you can also click on the "Find" option on the top right and search for "Rental Properties".

3. Select "Yes" to answer the question "Did you receive income from a rental property?"  and input all the information that in the Real Estate Rentals Statement form.

4. Then you can click on "Continue" and in the next screen select the checkboxes that apply to your situation.

5. Review all the expenses you entered to ensure they are accurate and complete.Once you've entered all the necessary personal expenses, proceed to the next section to complete your tax return.

Note: Clearing a checkbox does NOT remove any info you've already entered for an item or category. To remove the associated info, you need go to the section and field where you've entered the info and delete it there.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.