Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where on tax form do I convert US dollars to CAN dollars from investment income? I'm surprised this isn't done automatically by the program. R. Carlton

I was penalized this year for failure to report investment income in CAD$ but rather in US$. Where on the tax forms do I do this conversion to avoid problems this year?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where on tax form do I convert US dollars to CAN dollars from investment income? I'm surprised this isn't done automatically by the program. R. Carlton

Generally when you receive your Tslips, the investment income can be put in CDN$ but sometimes it's in foreign currency, therefore it is up to you to convert whatever currency is on your personal Tslip into CDN$. Which is why Turbo Tax does not do the automatic conversion.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Generally when you receive your Tslips, the investment income can be put in CDN$ but sometimes it's in foreign currency, therefore it is up to you to convert whatever currency is on your personal Tslip into CDN$. Which is why Turbo Tax does not do the automatic conversion.