Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dckiebel

Why am I unable to enter property information on form T2091 (it just beeps when I try) and on page 2 of Schedule 3 for principal residence designation without overriding

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why am I unable to enter property information on form T2091 (it just beeps when I try) and on page 2 of Schedule 3 for principal residence designation without overriding

T2091 entry  - Easy Step – make sure you have answered the questions in your profile first. 2nd page of your profile questions -  "Did you dispose of a property(s) in 2017, that was your principal residence for any of the period that you owned it?"

Go to "Income and Expense" Tab – drop down to "Principle Residence""Sale of your Principal Residence"- check your boxes here under your name or spouses. Click continue  - "Sale of your Principal Residence" – ensure to answer all the questions on that first screen, it will set off what needs to be entered properly on the T2091.

Example - How long were you living at your principal residence? Your principal residence for - Select all of the years owned or  some of the years owned, your adjusted cost base, your proceeds of disposition, your year of acquisition.

Once this information has been entered, it will go directly to the proper forms PRWS and the T2091.

In Forms View – Bottom of screen on the left side, you have a “Forms”  icon, click on it. If the form is not there – click on "form lookup" and open up the T2091 and the PRWS forms, all will be entered there if you have done Easy Step first, if not – you can fill out the information on the forms directly. I’d suggest you start with the PRWS then go to the T2091.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

T2091 entry  - Easy Step – make sure you have answered the questions in your profile first. 2nd page of your profile questions -  "Did you dispose of a property(s) in 2017, that was your principal residence for any of the period that you owned it?"

Go to "Income and Expense" Tab – drop down to "Principle Residence""Sale of your Principal Residence"- check your boxes here under your name or spouses. Click continue  - "Sale of your Principal Residence" – ensure to answer all the questions on that first screen, it will set off what needs to be entered properly on the T2091.

Example - How long were you living at your principal residence? Your principal residence for - Select all of the years owned or  some of the years owned, your adjusted cost base, your proceeds of disposition, your year of acquisition.

Once this information has been entered, it will go directly to the proper forms PRWS and the T2091.

In Forms View – Bottom of screen on the left side, you have a “Forms”  icon, click on it. If the form is not there – click on "form lookup" and open up the T2091 and the PRWS forms, all will be entered there if you have done Easy Step first, if not – you can fill out the information on the forms directly. I’d suggest you start with the PRWS then go to the T2091.

Hope this helps.