Why aren't my RRSP contributions appearing on my t...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
CanadaEnglishEN

Pick a language

CanadaFrançais United States of AmericaEnglish
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTax Support
Intuit

Why aren't my RRSP contributions appearing on my tax return?

If entered correctly, you should be able to view your RRSP contributions on your RRSP Summary in TurboTax. You can navigate to this section by following the steps below:

1. Select the Find tool in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  2. In the search field:
    • For the online edition of TurboTax, type "RRSP summary."
    • For the CD/download edition, type "RRSP/PRPP summary."
  3. Select the phrase you typed from the list of search results and then select Go.

All the RRSP contributions you report are summarized in your TurboTax account, but they don't necessarily show up on your detailed tax summary. Here are some of the most common reasons why:

In order to calculate your RRSP deduction properly, TurboTax needs to know your deduction limit for the tax year. If you've entered your RRSP contributions but have not entered your deduction limit, TurboTax will not be able to calculate your deduction properly.

How do I enter RRSP contributions in TurboTax?

If you designate your RRSP contributions as repayment of a Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP) or Home Buyers' Plan (HBP), they will be calculated on your return as repayments, not contributions.

How do I designate my RRSP/PRPP contributions as repayment of my Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP)?

Since the CRA does not allow RRSP contributions over your contribution limit, TurboTax will not calculate your deduction if you enter contributions that are over your limit.

If your RRSP contributions are not needed this year to reduce your taxable income (and therefore taxes owing), TurboTax allows you to transfer them to a future year. In this case, your contributions are seen by TurboTax as unused contributions, which can be deducted in a future year when there is an opportunity to use them. You can review these details on Schedule 7 of the PDF copy of your return.

If you purchased or indicated that you purchased spousal RRSPs, the deduction will be calculated on your spouse's return, not on yours. You can review these details on Schedule 7 of the PDF copy of your spouse's/partner's return.

Related information:

How do I enter RRSP contributions in TurboTax?

How do I designate my RRSP/PRPP contributions as repayment of my Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP)?

How do I change the RRSP carry-forward amount?

How do I claim (unused) RRSP contributions I made in previous years but didn't deduct?

Where can I find out how much room I have to contribute to my RRSP this year?

How do I see a detailed summary of my return in TurboTax online editions?

How do I save a PDF copy of my tax return in the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in
v