Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a first time paper filer, does CRA need to see a pen (ink) sign? I am hoping to scan the signed documents and send it to my friend who will print and post it for me

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

As a first time paper filer, does CRA need to see a pen (ink) sign? I am hoping to scan the signed documents and send it to my friend who will print and post it for me

They don't need to see an "inked" signature, they will process your return with or without one.

View solution in original post

Because the CRA doesn't have any of your information on file yet, so they have to manually enter it in, hence paper filing for first-time filers. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

They don't need to see an "inked" signature, they will process your return with or without one.

Thank you for letting me know 😊

I still do not understand why first time filers need to paper file. 

Because the CRA doesn't have any of your information on file yet, so they have to manually enter it in, hence paper filing for first-time filers. 🙂