Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbw54

Is there a way to print or view the entries that make up line 127 Taxable Capital Gains?

I have a $10k difference between my spouse and my line 127 Taxable Capital Gains even though all my entries are split 50% including CRA auto-fill, T5's, etc. Can I view or print the entries that make up line 127 so I can find the error? Thanks!

1 Reply

Is there a way to print or view the entries that make up line 127 Taxable Capital Gains?

Follow directives given below, but I will encourage you to go back review all the slips you may have listed below to double check all your entries. 

Line 127 - The sale of certain property or shares can result in a capital gain. Line 127 lists the taxable portion of your capital gains – losses and rate (usually 50%) applied.

Capital gains information can be from T slips such asT3, T4PS, T5, T5008, and T5013 or entered separately.

To review and confirm the source amounts of your capital gains not on a T slip:

1. In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find.
  2. In the Find window, type Capital Gains.
  3. Select Capital Gains from the list, and select Go.

If, after all of your capital gains and losses have been entered, you have a net capital loss, line 127 will be zero. The loss will be carried forward for future years or can be carried back against previous gains.

This form will print with your PDF copy of your return.