Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nettyo

My Mom passed away Feb 2016. Do I need to print out her 2015 return and send it in through the mail? Is it correct I will still send in a Final return for 2016?

My Mom does not owe any money as she was widowed and not working.

Just want to make sure I know whether both her 2015 and 2016 returns should be filed as paper through the mail, with her 2016 return being the Final one.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My Mom passed away Feb 2016. Do I need to print out her 2015 return and send it in through the mail? Is it correct I will still send in a Final return for 2016?

So sorry for your loss.

File her 2015 return normally. For information on filing her final return (2016), kindly follow this link: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1189877-prepare-a-return-for-a-deceased-person

View solution in original post

4 Replies
nettyo

Do I fill in the date she was deceased on her 2015 Tax Return?

So sorry for your loss.

File her 2015 return normally. For information on filing her final return (2016), kindly follow this link: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1189877-prepare-a-return-for-a-deceased-person

nettyo

Do I fill in the date she was deceased on her 2015 Tax Return?

Yes that is correct