Pick a language

CanadaFrançais United States of AmericaEnglish
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTax Support
Intuit

In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use a prepayment code?

Starting tax year 2020, when you purchase the online edition of TurboTax, all you need to do is sign in to your account (or create a new one) to activate your prepayment code. Here’s how to do it:

Go to turbotax.ca/activate; this is what you’ll see:

Prepayment

Click on I have an account to sign in to your Intuit account (this is the same account you’d use for TurboTax online, Mint and QuickBooks) or Create an account to create a new account:

Prepayment

Sign in to your account:

Prepayment

Once you’ve signed in to your account, review and activate your purchase by entering your 16-digit activation code and click Continue:

Prepayment

Important

You should verify your order summary before starting your taxes to make sure the right product has been activated:

Prepayment

You are now ready to start your tax return

Prepayment

Your prepayment code is only valid for the tax year listed on the product, and for up to 8 returns in the same TurboTax online standard account. Additional fees apply for upgrades to TurboTax Premier or Self-employment, and/or add-on services as Audit Defence.

Related information

What are the payment options for online editions of TurboTax?

Where can I find my Installation Key?

The online edition of TurboTax accepted my prepayment code, but rejected the second code for an additional return. What do I do?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in
v