In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use a ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intuit

In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use a prepayment code?

Note: As of tax year 2020, the term "installation key" is no longer being used in TurboTax products. This 16-digit number will now be referred to as "license code" (for CD/download versions of TurboTax), and as "activation code" (for online versions of TurboTax).

Starting tax year 2020, when you purchase TurboTax online edition, all you need to do is sign in to your account (or create a new one) to activate your prepayment code. Here’s how to do it:

Go to turbotax.ca/activate; this is what you’ll see:

Prepayment

Click on I have an account to sign in to your Intuit account (this is the same account you’d use for TurboTax online, Mint and QuickBooks) or Create an account to create a new account:

Prepayment

Sign in to your account:

Prepayment

Once you’ve signed in to your account, review and activate your purchase by entering your 16-digit activation code and click Continue:

Prepayment

Important

You should verify your order summary before starting your taxes to make sure the right product has been activated:

Prepayment

You are now ready to start your tax return

Prepayment

Your prepayment code is only valid for the tax year listed on the product, and for up to 8 returns in the same TurboTax online standard account. Additional fees apply for upgrades to TurboTax Premier or Self-employment, and/or add-on services as Audit Defence.

Related information

What are the payment options for online editions of TurboTax?

Where can I find my Installation Key?

The online edition of TurboTax accepted my prepayment code, but rejected the second code for an additional return. What do I do?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in
v