Quiere decir: 
turbotax icon
cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Re: What are tax implications if a quitclaim deed is used by one of 3 parties on a deed as tenants-in-common? We bought house together (me, husband, my mom).

"depending upon state law, you might wind up in probate court which can be a hassle and you and your husband will incur additional expenses."

I have been reading quite a few of you posts and feel you are really an expert in this area of tax laws.

But I do want to ask you why this type of transfer could end up in a probate court in some states? Is the quitclaim form or process not completely legal in those states? What if the transfer is done with a Grant Deed and recorded in the county office  in place of a quitclaim form?

Thank You.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 RESPUESTA 1
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Re: What are tax implications if a quitclaim deed is used by one of 3 parties on a deed as tenants-in-common? We bought house together (me, husband, my mom).

Although there have been many comments made in this three year old thread, this is a legal question.  I would advise speaking with an attorney to understand the details of a quitclaim deed versus a grant deed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies