Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm currently live in Texas and for form 1099-INT inside TurboTax in the state list doesn't show Texas. Any suggestion or idea ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I'm currently live in Texas and for form 1099-INT inside TurboTax in the state list doesn't show Texas. Any suggestion or idea ?

there is no state income tax in TX; don't worry about it. 

nackn36

It's a required field. I can't proceed with my tax returns with no value in the state dropdown. 

@nackn36 wrote:

It's a required field. I can't proceed with my tax returns with no value in the state dropdown. 

If your Form 1099-INT only has who paid the interest and the interest entered in box 1 and and there are no other boxes used on the 1099 there is no need to enter a state or any other information on the form 

aabbyy340

Hi! I'm having the same issue. Were you able to fix this? 

@aabbyy340 @hectormg92 @nackn36 

IF this is for Tax-Exempt interest in box 8...

......then for residents of any state without a income tax...(TX,FL,AK,WY,WA,SD,NV.)

...........you go to the very end of the drop-down list of states and select "More than one state".

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Bringing this up again as this problem exists when filing 2022 taxes and the answer to select at the bottom of the state list Many states is no longer a option in turbo tax.  I am unable to proceed as Turbo Tax is requiring box 15 to be completed (State) but its blank on the 1099-Int as I am in Texas.  Need help.  

@citygirlLF 

For a TX resident , for the state boxes dealing with state taxes withheld on a 1099-INT  (or any other form for state tax withholding)  You leave those boxes entirely EMPTY-Blank!  No numbers, no text, no zeros...empty.

When TX is involved (or any state without an income tax)

For a 1099-INT, that's boxes 15-to-17

For a 1099-DIV, that's boxes 14-to-16

For a W-2 ,  that's boxes 15-to-17

For a 1099-R, that's boxes 14-to-16

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

You right.  When you upload the tax form it will put 0.00 in some of the boxes so even if you select that there are no uncommon boxes to be filled in it will require the state box over and over.  So BEFORE you select that you must empty all the boxes that even have zeros in them then select the check box and it will save the details and not require the state field.  Oh vey. I work in software development,  hope Intuit improves this part of tax filing for customers with no state taxes.  Thx for replying so quickly!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies