Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

no1kcfan

I'm entering my 11-character Document ID into the field, but I keep getting error message "Please enter the 11-character Document ID without spaces from your Form 1099?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

I'm entering my 11-character Document ID into the field, but I keep getting error message "Please enter the 11-character Document ID without spaces from your Form 1099?

Is this for a state return?   Or are you trying to e-file?   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am encountering the same issue importing tax documents from Acorns. 

Turbo Taxes "Import From Financial Institution" window, after selecting Acorns, presents a form with two fields, Account Number and Document ID. These values are contained within Acorns 1099 statement. The Document ID on the 1099 statement has two spaces within. Turbo Tax specifies that the Document ID be entered without spaces. When I enter the Document ID without spaces, Turbo Tax responds with the error message, "Please enter the 11-character Document ID without spaces from your Form 1099".  I tried multiple times. 

There is a support number on the page to call with any issues.  It is presented as if it were a Turbo Tax customer support number, but when you dial it, it is Acorns customer service.  I explained the issue to them and they said I need to contact Turbo Tax.

I'd guess a login for a financial provider, who uses a Document ID as part of their consolidated 1099B import process.  I seem to recall that Vanguard uses that.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies