Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

iainthompson50-g
Returning Member

I need to add my basis for my IRA Roth conversion for tax year 2022 (I forgot)? TT only asks for basis up to end of 2021, is this an error? Shouldnt 2022 be included?

I have full records of my Traditional IRA basis (although I empty the account with rollovers to Roth IRA each year. The 2022 tax year form only asks for basis up to end of 2021, is this a mistake?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I need to add my basis for my IRA Roth conversion for tax year 2022 (I forgot)? TT only asks for basis up to end of 2021, is this an error? Shouldnt 2022 be included?

No ... you need to enter the 2022 contribution in the 2022 program which will then be added to the prior year amounts. 

iainthompson50-g
Returning Member

My prior year amounts are zero though. I always empty the Trad account. Any way I do this I end up being double taxed on my 2022 rollover. There must be a section where I enter my 2022 basis?

And I cannot for the life of me find it

dmertz
Level 15

As Critter-3 said, in 2022 TurboTax, simply enter your nondeductible traditional IRA contribution made for 2022 and TurboTax will include it on Form 8606 line 1, adding it to your basis.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies