Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My CA state taxes are asking me to enter for field "Wage, IRA and pension adjustments wks: other IRA Adj - Desc must be entered" I have a 1099-R form. What is thisfield?

I don't understand what they are asking for. The schedule CA (540/540NR), line 4 auto-populated for the tax I still owe.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

My CA state taxes are asking me to enter for field "Wage, IRA and pension adjustments wks: other IRA Adj - Desc must be entered" I have a 1099-R form. What is thisfield?

Normally that amount is the same as the federal. The instructions for that line are here:

Line 4a and Line 4b – IRA Distributions

Generally, no adjustments are made on this line. However, there may be significant differences in the taxable amount of a distribution (including a distribution from conversion of a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA), depending on when you made your contributions to the IRA. Differences also occur if your California IRA deductions were different from your federal deductions because of differences between California and federal self-employment income.

If the taxable amount using California law is:

• Less than the amount taxable under federal law, enter the difference in column B.
  • More than the amount taxable under federal law, enter the difference in column C.

Get FTB Pub. 1005 for more information and worksheets for figuring the adjustment to enter on this line, if any.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies