Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It says I have to fill out a "Form 2210: IRS to Figure Penalty Box" or wait for an update in Early February. When is that update expected?

Yes, you are correct. If you're filing Form 2210, Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Individuals, Estates and Trusts and paying underpayment penalty along with your return, you'll need to wait until the form becomes available so you can e-file it together with your tax return. Once the form is released, there won't be an error message.

According to our most current information, Form 2210 is set to be released for e-file on February 25.  Here is a link that has updated information about forms and release dates.

@prad00

Doug913

It says I have to fill out a "Form 2210: IRS to Figure Penalty Box" or wait for an update in Early February. When is that update expected?

It is forcing me to wait for a 2210.

This was because of my ex-wife's income from the previous year.  I have filed divorced this year and removed them from my taxes as they are dealing with this on their own taxes.  How do I remove the need for Form 2210 from my review taxes page?

For tax year 2020, you can change your filing status to Married Filing Separate.  You may need to create a new account in order to remove your estranged wife's data.  If you don't want to do this (if you wish to continue using the account you both used before) then you should go back to the Personal Info section and remove her completely. 

This will stop the software from including her data on your tax return.

You can also make sure that form 2210 is not stuck there (since it is there now) by manually deleting it after you've completed the above

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

• Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  • In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  • In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  • Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

@Doug913

Doug913

Yeah, I had tried manually removing all traces but the system still wouldn't let it go.

Even deleting forms didn't solve it.

The only solution that worked was to make a new account as recommended by the system when I tried the start from scratch option.

Today is Feb 25th, 2021, and I am still getting the same error. 

I need to file as soon as I can, but this kinds of errors are not helping. This is counterproductive.

shelleybayol2020
Returning Member

it is telling me to look at 2019 return for 2210 penalty form we did not pay a penalty last year as there in no form 2210 with my filing.  this year we have to pay a penalty and probably had to pay one last year but what do i do?

turbo tax doesn't care.  This form was suppose to be released today (2/25) and still has not.  Crazy that an under penalty form isn't even available on time.  People that need that form owe money, and want to pay, but cant!   Nice system---NoT!!!

It has been released. I filed my taxes at 945 this morning, no problem and no hold up like before saying I needed to wait on that form. 

sope
Level 2

Strange it still doesn't let me get past the point. I am still stuck and may have to delete the form manually and file...

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

According to this Turbo Tax link, this is suppose to be available today. If not, then the release date may be extended. This is because We are waiting for the IRS to finalize and give us approval to update our software. This delay is being caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and year end tax revisions.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, but the date's been extended twice already.  Are you able to provide a realistic date as to when it may be available?  Finding out that it may be delayed again on the day the form is due to be available when we've all been waiting weeks for it isn't a great customer experience.  Just sayin'.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, the IRS has not notified us to give us approval to update our software. It might be because the new Corona virus initiative has not been approved by congress yet. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Then maybe it's time to update the link with a later date.

Not sure why you're still having problems with this. My mom, Grandad and myself all had this same issue, and we were able to file and had no problem. Have you tried deleting and starting from scratch? 

The form has been updated for some, it's weird that it hasn't for everyone. 

I shouldn't have to spend tens of hours creating a new filing, just to see if Form 2210 is suddenly going to magically appear. I suspect you had a simple enough return that you didn't actually need 2210, so when you reentered your data, it was no longer a roadblock.

It really is frustrating to have had multiple promised availability dates blown through...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies