Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevans11

Box 105 says "Part-time scholarship fees from T2202 used to reduce part-time scholarship income" is this my tuition fees from my T2022 ?

I have a university scholarship and OSAP scholarship and have input my T2022 information elsewhere so not sure which box 105's to use and for what
1 Reply

Box 105 says "Part-time scholarship fees from T2202 used to reduce part-time scholarship income" is this my tuition fees from my T2022 ?

If you went to school part-time, yes this is where you would enter your T2202 amount.

Box 105 reports the amount of scholarship or bursary income you received for part-time studies that can be reduced by the eligible tuition fees, you paid for those same part-time studies as reported on your T2202 certificate. Therefore, Box 105 does not report the tuition fees you paid, but rather the scholarship or bursary income you received.

To fill in Box 105 in TurboTax Online, follow these steps:

1. Enter the amount of scholarship income you received in the appropriate boxes. Your T4A slip should indicate which box or boxes to use for your scholarship income.
  2. If you received both a University Scholarship and an OSAP Scholarship, you will likely need to enter the amounts in different boxes. Double-check your T4A slip to make sure you enter the amounts in the correct boxes.
  3. TurboTax Canada will calculate the taxable portion of your scholarship income based on the information you entered. Generally, scholarship income is not taxable if it is used to cover tuition, fees, books, and other required supplies. However, any portion of the scholarship that exceeds these expenses may be taxable.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.