Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CATax2020

Disabled Seniors

I am a senior citizen and have trouble using new software. I have used Turbo Tax for a couple of years but since I used it only once a year I struggled with it. I used to use the Revenue Canada land line voice phone system which was amazingly simple and fool proof.
But Revenue Canada only allows invited Canadians to use its land line system now. The first year I used Turbo Tax it took six hours of struggle to file my return correctly. This year after a couple of hours struggle I was ready to file but ran into a snag.
I used the 'free' Turbo Tax but some how I made an error and Turbo Tax charged me a little over twenty two dollars to complete my taxes E-File my tax return using the regular tax software.
I immediately contacted the Intuit Customer Support person and he said he could not refund me as "the software does not upgrade itself." I agreed with him but failed to communicate that I am a low income senior with who only needed the basic free version.
I asked the agent to look at my file and confirm I received no benefit from upgrading to the regular version but he flatly refused to acknowledge this fact. I feel I have been scammed by a giant corporation because of my age and other disabilities. I am not impressed!

2 Replies

Disabled Seniors

I am terribly sorry about the experience you are having. We would like to hear more details about the interaction you had with our support team. Please reach out to us via private message on Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to help.

Here are the links to our Facebook and Twitter:  

FB - https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/TurboTaxCanada

Twitter - https://twitter.com/messages/19496097-385034351

CATax2020

Disabled Seniors

What can you do, I was told it was policy not to refund fees