Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I answer yes to the question "Did person receive employment insurance maternity or parental benefits in 2019?" When my T4E is already loaded? I can't find my letter.

5 Replies

Do I answer yes to the question "Did person receive employment insurance maternity or parental benefits in 2019?" When my T4E is already loaded? I can't find my letter.

yes, you need to answer yes even if you loaded the slip. The question will add T4E screens to  your file in case you need to go back and review or adjust the data. If you ant find your letter, you can reach out to Service Canada and they will be able to provide you with this information. 

So I was able to access it online and it matches what was entered on the slip. Do I just enter that same amount or do I subtract the taxes paid and enter that amount? 

you enter same amount. You are not expected to do any calculations. 

Amunt

I have followed as indicated above(where the numbers match), but now I get an error:

The total amount reported for employment insurance maternity and parental benefits and/or provincial parental insurance plan benefits can't exceed the total in box 14 on your T4E slips. Please review.

I tried to bypass the error as the numbers do indeed match, but when I get to the filing stage it will not allow me to submit my taxes with the following error displayed: NETFILE errors prevent you from using CRA's NETFILE service

Can you help please? 

It is difficult to guess what could be the issue over chat , could you please reach out to our support team, hey will be able to assess it better over the phone https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/