Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File taxes is greyed out, can't file, can only save what I did. Put in CPP in employment form, am on CPP disability, but the form keeps saying that I have no income. Help

Many thanks, Jennifer!

I will certainly follow your recommendation and advice.

Best wishes!
8kittycat8

File taxes is greyed out, can't file, can only save what I did. Put in CPP in employment form, am on CPP disability, but the form keeps saying that I have no income. Help

Hello, we're sorry you're encountering an error. Can you please let us know the error message you're seeing so we can further help you?

Thank you, Maria.

I must have filled out something incorrectly, but have no idea as to how to fix it. Here is what I have done, it seems to revolve around incorrectly stating that I have no income.
Here are the steps that I took and filled out:
Your information

About you and where you live--Opens into
Personal Information---Mailing Address---Residency--Other Questions
Your Taxes ---ONBEN
Application for the Ontario Trillium Benefit and the Ontario Senior Homeowners’ Property Grant
(I live in an apartment and might qualify for something there? Not certain.)

T4:
Under T4, I put my CPP Disability under square 26. I am not presently working, as I am on long term disability. (Was not certain where to put that, so I had entered it on number 26 as CPP/QPP pensionable earnings)

Netfile--EFILE information--Netfile worksheet--EFILE information
Is your net income zero? Note: CRA considers net income of less than $1 to be no income.
I entered "No," because of the CPP disability, I imagine that is considered as earnings?
But somehow, I am in a 0 net income zero, which I can't get out of.
\\\\
Enter your slips and receipts--Review
Review your tax return after completing Your Information & Your Taxes
File--Finish Up and file after you’ve reviewed your return
\\\
Menu-Home-Your Information-Your Taxes-Review-Issues found
In red it says: You must confirm that you have no income.

"Fix this issue:
Is your net income zero? Note: CRA considers net income of less than $1 to be no income.
You must confirm that you have no income. I really do not know how to fix this issue.

I don't have much time to file via this method, there is no error message, just the greyed out File icon.
Many thanks.